Saturday, April 07, 2012

Monster Mash today

After three days of a fever and flu symptoms, I am grinding my way through Norwescon. I. Read from Mother Mountain yesterday with my fading voice and this morning is the Broad Universe Rapid fire reading where I only have to read for four minutes and run the Chocolate Raffle (hey, it gets people in to the reading). This afternoon I will be Mimi's evil assistant for her Monster Mash, where people gleefully cut up decrepit plush animal toys and morph them into weird mutants. And I have to do very little talking.

This is Mimi with her Monkey-pony. It is much more disturbing in real life and it makes monkey screeches and pony- neighs when pressed in the right places. There is some song that goes along with this concept as well--Mimi began singing it and Sunder, who was sitting with me at the Broad Universe table, joined in and sang along. I simply do not know enough about fannish culture.

Also, thanks to Liz, who gave me some alcohol hand wipes so that I do not give everyone else this bug.

This is my first blog posting on my iPad with the Blogpress app, from the SeaTac Denny's.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: